There are three major car manufacturers out of Germany, Mercedes, BMW, and Audi but unlike Mercedes and BMW, Audi is a part of the Volkswagen Group (VAG) including the actual Volkswagen, Seat, Skoda, Porsche, Bentley, Lamborghini, and Bugatti. With no stretch of the imagination, it’s the largest automotive group on the planet and Audi is leading the pack.
Manufacturers share parts and platforms within the Volkswagen group, most of the stuff you will find on the high-end Audi, you will find on Bentley and Lamborghini such as engines and infotainment systems.
The Audi naming system is actually quite simple. The cars all start with the letter “A” followed by a number indicating their pecking order meaning higher is bigger. The SUVs start with the letter “Q” followed by a number. Therefore, A1 is the most compact car followed by the A2 and the best-seller A3.
The Q2 is the mini SUV but they are presently working on a Q1. The Q3 is a subcompact luxury crossover followed by the mid-size Q5 and the Q7 which also comes in a seven-seater. Recently, they rolled out the Q8 which is a coupe alternative of the Q7 to compete with cars like the X6 and GLE.
After the A3, Audi’s A4 luxury saloon is a major competitor to the BMW 3-series and Mercedes’ C-Class. The A4 is the only one of the three that has a front-wheel-drive but you can opt for Audi’s Quattro all-wheel-drive system if you wish. The A5 is a convertible coupe based on the A4 and the same story for the A6 and A7 which are just slightly larger and major competitors to the E-Class and the 5-Series. If you want Audi’s largest and most luxurious car, you will have to move up to the A8.
Similar to BMW’s M and Mercedes’ AMG division, Audi has an in-house performance division called the Audi Sport, originally known as Quattro GmbH which caused a great deal of confusion with the Quattro all-wheel-drive system.
They will take luxurious but simple Audi cars and turn them into super monsters with super-car-like performance. Some of the popular choices include the RS3, RS4, and RS6 and the most popular A8. This supercar can be driven anytime in any weather making it the most sought-after car on the planet. The car uses the same V10 engine found in the Lamborghini Huracán but the first-generation Audi R8 was also available with a V8.
Top 7 Audi Cars In The UK
- Audi A3: The Audi A3 is a compact premium hatchback that offers a blend of style, performance and technology. With its sleek design and refined interior, the A3 provides a comfortable and luxurious driving experience. It offers a range of engines, including petrol, diesel and hybrid options, catering to different preferences. The A3 is known for its advanced infotainment system and driver-assistance features, making it a popular choice among buyers seeking a compact and upscale car.
- Audi A4: The Audi A4 is a mid-size executive sedan that embodies elegance, sophistication and driving pleasure. It features a well-crafted interior with high-quality materials and advanced technology. The A4 offers a range of engine options, including efficient diesel engines and powerful petrol variants. With its precise handling, comfortable ride and luxurious appointments, the A4 is a top choice for those who value performance and refinement.
- Audi Q5: The Audi Q5 is a premium mid-size SUV that combines practicality, comfort and style. It features a spacious and well-appointed cabin, along with advanced safety and connectivity features. The Q5 offers a range of engines, including hybrid options, delivering a balanced blend of power and efficiency. With its smooth ride and capable performance both on and off the road, the Q5 appeals to those seeking a versatile and luxurious SUV.
- Audi A6: The Audi A6 is a luxury executive sedan that offers a perfect balance of elegance, technology and performance. It showcases a sleek and sophisticated design, along with a meticulously crafted interior. The A6 offers a range of powerful and efficient engine options, providing a dynamic driving experience. With its advanced infotainment system, driver-assistance features and comfortable ride, the A6 is a top choice for discerning buyers in the executive car segment.
- Audi Q7: The Audi Q7 is a full-size luxury SUV that combines spaciousness, versatility and premium features. It features a luxurious and well-equipped interior, offering ample seating and cargo space. The Q7 incorporates advanced technology and safety features, ensuring a comfortable and secure driving experience. With its powerful engine options, capable off-road performance and refined on-road manners, the Q7 is a popular choice for those seeking a luxurious and practical SUV.
- Audi TT: The Audi TT is a compact sports car that exudes sportiness and style. It showcases a distinctive and aerodynamic design, capturing attention on the road. The TT offers a thrilling driving experience with its responsive handling and powerful engine options. Its well-appointed interior and advanced technology features add to the overall driving pleasure. The TT is a sought-after choice for enthusiasts who appreciate a combination of performance and eye-catching design.
- Audi Q3: The Audi Q3 is a compact luxury SUV that offers a blend of versatility, comfort and style. It features a well-designed interior with premium materials and a range of technology options. The Q3 provides a smooth and refined ride, with efficient engine options delivering a balance of power and fuel economy. With its compact size and practicality, the Q3 appeals to urban dwellers and small families looking for a premium SUV experience.
With such a large selection, servicing will depend on the individual model. The RS alternative and the R8 are the most costly to run since they use performance components. On a whole, Audi cars are regarded as the most reliable luxury cars for the money. Servicing and maintenance will go a long way when talking about reliability and depreciation prevention.
Because the 1.0 and 1.2-liter TFSI engines are the least complex, they are the cheapest to run and service. Petrol engines range from a similar structure and are relatively easy to work on. Most Audi cars on the road are diesel but there is a good reason why.
Apart from the fact that they are extremely economical, Audi’s diesel engines, up to 2.0 litres, are shared with Volkswagen and the most invincible engines for any modern car. The slightly larger 2.7 and 3.0 liters are V6 which are more powerful but not much more expensive to service.
Common Issues with Audi Vehicles
The most common problem seems to be the diesel particulate filters (DPF) as the mileage creeps up. Aside from that, your Audi should not give you too many problems. Servicing should be performed by experienced technicians especially if you need a cambelt or a water pump replacement.
If your Audi is due its annual service soon or you believe the vehicle is in need of repair or maintanance we can help. Contact Lowton Motor Company on 01925 320468 to get helpful and knowledgable advice and a quote for a service, repair or maintenance. We offer very competitive rates, with over 25 years of experience Lowton Motor Company Birchwood can provide the low cost and reliable care your vehicle needs.
Get in touch through our online booking form below to arrange a service, repair or MOT for your Audi today!