If you know that your vehicle is ready to pass its MOT, book it in for a Full MOT with a FREE RE-TEST if required. *Price as of 15/03/22
✓ Give us the keys & relax
✓ Collect your MOT certificate
Service & MOT
From £160 + VAT
Low cost combined MOT and service depending on the make and model of your vehicle get in touch for a quote.
✓ Partial Service
✓ MOT Test
A Few Checks To Make Before Your MOT
In the UK all vehicles over three years old must legally have a current MOT certificate and the test must be done every year. If your car fails, new VOSA re-test procedures mean that you no longer have to pay full fees for a re-test.
The MOT looks at several features of your vehicle ranging from cleanliness to emissions levels. A standard test usually takes around an hour although it can take longer in some cases. If your vehicle fails the rest you will get a list of those defects you need to fix before you retake it.
There are three categories of fault in the MOT: Minor, Major or Dangerous. If your vehicle has a dangerous fault you cannot drive it away; if you want to remove the vehicle you will need to get it towed. Other types of faults mean you can still use the car if it is roadworthy and you still have time on the current MOT. If your previous MOT has already expired you are only permitted to drive the car to a garage for repairs or a scheduled MOT re-test.
Always leave plenty of time for your MOT; you may need to have repairs. Leaving it until the last minute could leave you with your car off the road sitting in the garage awaiting repairs. You can take the test a month early and still retain the validity of your current MOT.
Before you take the MOT it is useful to do some basic checks to give your vehicle the best chance of passing. These checks include:
- Fluid levels – check everything including the windscreen washer.
- Check your windscreen – remove any stickers that may be obstructing the driver’s view. This means anything that is inside the area of the windscreen wiper’s sweep. If you can see any cracks or damage get these fixed.
- Make sure all your mirrors work and are in good condition.
- Tyres – all tyres must be kept in good condition, showing no signs of excessive wear or damage. Ensure they are at the correct pressure and remember to check the spare.
- Seats and seatbelts – if seats are adjustable they must work properly and all seatbelts should be fully operational and in good condition. If there are broken belts or latches get them changed. A seatbelt latch should click easily and the seatbelts should lock when pulled.
- Horn, lights and indicators – these must all work properly so replace any that are not functioning.
- Wiper blades – the wipers should work normally without too much noise and fully clean the windscreen. Cracked, damaged or misaligned wiper blades can be noisy and will leave streaks on the windscreen. If you have any of these issues they will need to be replaced
- The engine – run the engine and make sure that it does not produce excessive amounts of smoke. Check for any abnormal noises. If you find anything get it fixed before taking the test.
- The brakes – Brakes should work well without making a noise and the handbrake should be in good working order.
Most motorists get nervous about the MOT test but our Trained Technicians can take the strain, making the whole process as easy and stress-free as possible. If you need a hassle-free MOT just complete the form below.
General information about the MOT test can be found on the VOSA website: VOSA.
Our impartial and independent MOT will help keep your peace of mind. We perform all our own MOT’s in-house we cover the whole of Birchwood and surrounding areas, Croft, Culcheth, Fearnhead, Irlam, Lowton, Lymm, Newton-Le-Willows, Padgate, Partington, Risley, Warrington and Winwick.
We also offer a Pick Up & Drop Off service or a Courtesy Car to make your MOT, service or repair experience with us as hassle free as possible.